6.28.2010

my last...

...year in my 20's! i dreaded my birthday this year, i thought it would just be me and my little family celebrating this year. i never imagined all my siblings, my mom, grandma, uncle and even some cousins would all be there with me. it was a crazy morning trying to get D3 off to basketball camp, but we did it. after delivering him and his belongings, i met up with everyone (except parker) at nicolitalia's. it's in provo, close to the Y. one of parker and my favorite pizza places. pizza has been my favorite food since i was a child. i've celebrated my birthday at oregano's for i don't know how long. they do have the best thin crust. let's be real though, i haven't tried a pizza i didn't like. my mom wanted to head to idaho, but also wanted to watch my kids, so we could go out without them that night. so she had a brilliant idea...load the mini van up with the kids, and take them with her. it was fun going out, and not having to worry about them. when parker got off work, we headed to stone ground. my very favorite pizza place in utah. i haven't ordered one thing off the menu that i haven't loved. we went 2 times in one week once. it is delicious. when we pulled into the parking lot, the car next to us had a freedom board shop sticker on the window. what!? and then inside ran into a friend from mesa. that's always fun. we couldn't decide on a dessert, and it was pretty late. so we headed home for more cupcakes that mom had made. strawberry with strawberry frosting. another one of my favorite things. i too have had this cake every year for as long as i can remember. and i love when my mom makes it. i also had thought i would be making my own cake this year, which just isn't the same.once in az, i had 2 dinner dates planned. em aka 628 and i share the same birthday. for the past couple years, we've either gone to lunch or dinner to celebrate us! she is the cutest thing, and it's been so fun seeing her grow up. i let em pick this year, and she chose olive garden. i wasn't about to argue. soup, salad and bread sticks dipped in alfredo. done. so fun to share my birthday with emma, can't wait for more fun birthday meals with her. it's hard to get to go out when i'm in town and parker isn't there. janea has such a busy schedule with her 5 kids, but we made it work. we went to oregano's late one night. no matter the time, it never disappoints. we had good laughs, and lots of car time after. she may have given me the best birthday gift...hand-me-down maternity clothes. stylish one's might i add! thank you friend!