9.27.2010

picture day

picture day came early this year. i had flashbacks, like i always do, about my picture days. my mom was out of control. mele and i always had matching dresses, ruffly socks, and huge bows attop our freshly permed hair. i remember my 6th grade year, begging my mom not to make me wear the outfit with the bib she had picked out, to match my 2nd grade sister. i laugh every time i get the form sent home for my own kids picture day. i keep them simple. they picked their outfits. same as their "first day of school" outfits. i did however, make them wear long pants, just for the class picture sake. their hair is flat, and their smiles are forced. but i love them. i can read exactly what each one of their cute faces say. parker, my obedient child, is doing exactly as we had practiced. quincy is screaming "hurry up!" she can't wait to take her cardigan off, cus it's over 100 degrees outside. conway's may be my favorite. through his clenched teeth i can hear him saying how much he hates smiling for the stranger behind the camera.